addalingua Language First Conference 2024
Call for Proposals
addalingua Language First 2024 Proposal Timeline - EXTENDED!
- proposal submission window: June 1 - October 1, 2023 - EXTENDED to NOVEMBER 1, 2023!
- proposal notification: by October 15, 2023 (extensions - NOVEMBER 15, 2023)
- ACCEPTED presenters must confirm their intention to present at addalingua Language First Conference 2024 by October 31, 2023 (extensions - NOVEMBER 30, 2023) or presentation will not be scheduled.
- registration deadline for presenters: January 1, 2024
- schedule release: January 8, 2024
- NOTE: Presenters must be available to present on both days of the conference.
addalingua Language First 2024 Conference Schedule
- conference dates: Friday, April 26, 2024 & Saturday April 27, 2024
- conference times: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
addalingua Language First Conference 2024 Presentation Strands
- program fidelity
- dual language development
- biliteracy and counterbalanced instruction
- progress monitoring
Please review the following guidelines before preparing your proposal.
Proposals intended to promote a commercial product or service MUST be submitted as Commercial. Commercial proposals submitted as Academic proposals will be marked NOT ELIGIBLE and will not be reviewed or accepted.
All presentation titles and abstracts must be submitted in English. For non-English presentations, there will be a place provided to attach a pdf of your presentation in the language in which the presentation will be delivered. If possible, non-English proposals will be reviewed in their native language.
Please include the following elements in your pdf:
- Presentation Title
- Presentation Description
- Presentation Abstract
Your presentation title must adhere to the following guidelines:
- 15-word max
- Title MUST be in English.
- Do NOT use all caps.
- Do NOT use special characters in your title. (accent marks, non-English characters, etc.)
- Academic Proposals must NOT include any identifying information such as name, job title or organization, in the presentation title. Academic Proposals which contain identifying information in the title will be disqualified.
Your presentation description must adhere to the following guidelines:
- 100-word max
- Do NOT use all caps
- ***Please note: your description will appear in the conference program as is; be sure to proofread your work.***
Your presentation abstract must adhere to the following guidelines:
- 250-word max
- Abstract must be in English.
- Do NOT use special characters in your abstract. (accent marks, non-English characters, etc.)
- Academic Proposals may NOT include any identifying information such as name, job title or organization, in the presentation abstract. Academic Proposals which contain identifying information in the abstract will be disqualified.
- **Please proofread your work before submitting; incorrect spelling, grammar and punctuation will result in a lower overall score in the peer review.**
Please note: Audience engagement should be integrated into all session types. Presenters may consult notes but should avoid reading to create a dynamic session. For panel discussions, you should recruit your panelists before you submit your proposal.
Academic or Practitioner Presentation - 50 minutes
Oral presentations that may be delivered individually or as part of a group discussion. Presenters share their ideas, experiences, and perspectives gleaned from their research, practice, or policy background and/or focus. These sessions provide the audience with ample opportunities for participation and engagement, and they serve as springboards stimulating further discussion, dialogue, reflection, and action. Presenters may submit a joint proposal focusing on two related techniques, issues, practices, or research projects. ***Please note, 50-minute concurrent sessions will be scheduled for Friday, April 26, or Saturday, April 27. We are unable to accommodate specific scheduling requests. You must be available all three days.***
Commercial Demonstration - 50 minutes
This presentation type should be selected if your presentation will promote commercial goods or services. In addition to promoting your product/service, these sessions should provide the audience with useful information.
Interactive Workshop - 50 minutes
Structured hands-on professional development activity tackling an issue or developing a specific teaching or research technique. Proposals should include session goals, a synopsis of the theoretical framework, and a description of workshop tasks and procedures. They should also provide interactive activities in which participants share information, participate in simulations, and/or create materials and action plans.
Panel - 50 minutes
Two, three, or four short presentations on and discussion of a current issue focusing on practice, research, and/or advocacy. Proposals should include a synopsis of issue(s) and a plan for the topic and for each presentation (without listing presenters’ names). Panelists should be recruited prior to proposal submission.
Early Learning (Birth-5yrs)
PreK - K
K - 16
Presenters will need to review and accept the addalingua Language First Presenter Agreement before submitting a proposal for the addalingua Language First Conference 2024.